Covid 19 Information for Guests
Latest Covid Updates re Opening The Barn from 12 April to 21 June 2021
We are closed until 12 April 2021
With effect from 12 April - 17 May we are only permitted to accept one household in line with Government Policy. If you are visiting us at The Barn during these dates, we will ask you to let us have an email confirming you are one household or one household with permitted childcare bubble.
With effect from 17 May until end of lockdown restrictions on June 21 - Two households can meet and stay overnight. Again we will ask you to provide an email confirming you are only 2 households.
With effect from 21 June - all legal limits on social contact are removed (fingers crossed!!!)
We appreciate these restrictions may prove difficult and we ask that you contact us if you have any questions or queries or need to cancel your stay. We will endeavour to do everything we can to assist with either re-booking your holiday or refunding a deposit already paid.
Roger and I consider the safety and wellbeing of guests of primary importance particularly during the Covid 19 pandemic. With this in mind, we have put in place a number of procedures to limit the risk of catching the virus (whilst on the premises) in conjunction with Government guidelines.
- Guests are asked not to arrive if they have any symptoms of Coronavirus or if they have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive in the last 14 days. We will ask guests to sign a disclaimer confirming this. According to UK Hospitality guidelines, if a guest presents themselves with symptoms of Covid 19 or is asymptomatic but declares the need to self-isolate, they should be advised to check out and return home to self-isolate according to current government guidance. If a guest develops acute symptoms, advice should be sort from NHS 111.
- All guests and visitors to the barn must use the alcohol based hand sanitiser every time they enter the premises - this is located on the side of the cupboard just inside the entrance door.
- Guests are requested to bring their own pool towels. Bath towels will be provided but we ask that at the end of their stay guests place them in the bags provided. In these uncertain times guests may wish to bring all their own towels.
- In order to protect our staff we ask that guests strip their beds and place in the bags provided for this purpose. We would be grateful if guests do not arrive before 4pm and vacate by 9.30am on the day of their departure.
- Swimming Pool - there is no evidence to suggest that Covid-19 can be passed through water in swimming pools. We observe proper weekly maintenance and cleaning and the PH levels are kept at the appropriate levels.
- We have removed all scatter cushions, throws, DVDs, games, jigsaws, books, maps and various resources. Guests may bring their own if required.
In line with The Professional Association of Self-Caterers UK we have adopted the cleaning protocols for 'Self-catering properties and short-term lets in the context of Covid-19'. These include - using a virucidal spray certified for EN14476 to clean all hard surfaces in the entrance hall, in communal areas such as the pool and games room.
If you are unable to travel because of a lock down or Government travel ban, we will refund you 100% of the amount paid for your holiday.