Covid 19 Information for Guests
Roger and I consider the safety and wellbeing of guests of primary importance particularly during the Covid 19 pandemic. With this in mind, we have put in place a number of procedures to limit the risk of catching the virus (whilst on the premises) in conjunction with Government guidelines.
- Guests are asked not to arrive if they have any symptoms of Coronavirus or if they have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive in the last 14 days. We will ask guests to sign a disclaimer confirming this. According to UK Hospitality guidelines, if a guest presents themselves with symptoms of Covid 19 or is asymptomatic but declares the need to self-isolate, they should be advised to check out and return home to self-isolate according to current government guidance. If a guest develops acute symptoms, advice should be sort from NHS 111.
- All guests and visitors to the barn must use the alcohol based hand sanitiser every time they enter the premises - this is located on the side of the cupboard just inside the entrance door.
- Guests are requested to bring their own pool towels. Bath towels will be provided but we ask that at the end of their stay guests place them in the bags provided. In these uncertain times guests may wish to bring all their own towels.
- Duvets, mattress protectors, pillows and pillow protectors will be rotated each week allowing 6 days before being re-used by guests. All bed linen is professionally washed and beds made up using appropriate PPE.
- In order to protect our staff we ask that guests strip their beds and place in the bags provided for this purpose. We would be grateful if guests do not arrive before 4pm and vacate by 9.30am on the day of their departure.
- Swimming Pool - there is no evidence to suggest that Covid-19 can be passed through water in swimming pools. We observe proper weekly maintenance and cleaning and the PH levels are kept at the appropriate levels.
- We have removed all scatter cushions, throws, DVDs, games, jigsaws, books, maps and various resources. Guests may bring their own if required.
In line with The Professional Association of Self-Caterers UK we have adopted the cleaning protocols for 'Self-catering properties and short-term lets in the context of Covid-19'. These include - using a virucidal spray certified for EN14476 to clean all hard surfaces in the entrance hall, in communal areas such as the pool and games room. In the living spaces, kitchen and bedrooms. A risk assessment has been completed and a completed check list for cleaning will be available for inspection on arrival.